The Summer Quarterly Meeting of the BES will focus on Urban Flooding.
The meeting will take place on June 7th from 9am to 12pm.
It will be held in person at the Technology Research Center (TRC), Room 206 on UMBC’s campus.
A virtual option will also be available.
Parking Instructions for in-person attendees:
- TRC (Technology Research Center) Room 206, UMBC Campus
- Attendees can park anywhere in Lot 25 at UMBC, which surrounds the TRC.
- Meeting attendees need to sign-in to park with Trish Smith at the front desk of the TRC.
- Info required for sign in: Attendee name, Vehicle Info (color, make, model, year, license plate #)
- Please note that propping the front door is not allowed due to campus security policy
DOWNLOAD Agenda PDF or scroll down to read.
- 9:00 Welcome, intro, announcements
- Icebreaker: what is your definition of a flood or flood event?
Theme 1: Flood Data/experiences/information
- 9:15 Presentation 1: Kim Grove, Baltimore City Dept of Public Works
- 9:25 Presentation 2: Andy Miller, UMBC
- 9:35 Presentation 3: Patrick McMahon, Bluewater Baltimore
- 9:45 Questions
- 10:00 Break
Theme 2: the Future of flooding
- 10:15 Presentation 1: Dave Guignet, Maryland
- 10:25 Presentation 2: Larry Band, University of Virginia
- 10:35 Questions
- 11:00 Breakout groups: discuss data needs and future
- 11:30 Report back/group discussion
- 12:00 Adjourn to lunch to keep talking about this!
Please join us for a community-focused event at Stillmeadow Peace Park from 2:30 to 4:30, featuring community discussions, talks by Terris King II, Temple X Schools, Dr. Tonya Sanders, and Pastor Micheal Martin, and a water quality testing demonstration by Baltimore Department of Public Works!