Topic: New BES proposal
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/511423925
One tap mobile:
+19292056099,,511423925# US (New York)
+16699006833,,511423925# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location:
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 511 423 925
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/amXgtYl2C
8:30 am – 4:00 pm
|Location: Room 206, Technology Research Center (TRC), UMBC, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore MD
Parking available in the TRC lot.
Parking passes for off-campus guests are required at the cost of $4.00 per car. Please pick up and pay for passes (cash only) prior to the meeting at the CUERE office in TRC 102 /105.
Please call 410-455-1763 with any location and/or parking questions.
1. Review the preproposal that was submitted in December 2019
2. Confirm the conceptual model.
3. Review and confirm the schedule for producing the full proposal
4. Confirm participants membership in terms of domains, core areas, and scales. Participants can have multiple memberships.
5. Discuss exciting ideas for domains with some notation of how those ideas align with scales, scaling up / feedbacks, and core areas.
6. Confirm assignments so that we complete a very compelling proposal.
|8:30 am||Gather and Network||All|
|9:00||Introduction to BES Proposal Conceptual Model||Chris Swan, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)|
|9:30||Explain Research Domains and Parcel, Watershed and Scaling/feedbacks research areas||Chris Swan, UMBC|
|10:00||Discussion – Biogeochemistry Domain||Peter Groffman, City University of New York (CUNY) and Cary Institute|
|10:15||Discussion – Biological Domain||Meghan Avolio, Johns Hopkins University (JHU)|
|10:45||Discussion – Social Domain||Morgan Grove, US Forest Service (USFS)|
|11:00||Discussion – Integration||Timon McPhearson, New School; Elizabeth Cook, Barnard College; Larry Band, University of Virginia|
|11:15||Discussion – Education||TBD|
|11:45||Lunch||Bring your own|
|13:15||Breakout groups – Biogeo, Bio, Social, Integration, Education, Parcel Research, Watershed Research, Scaling and Feedbacks Research||
|14:30||Breakout groups report back/Discussion|